Legal and Privacy Information
Terms and conditions of use
IMPORTANT: These are the terms and conditions upon which we provide our website, and by accessing the Site, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not access the site.
We collect data solely to provide an online quotation submission service. This data is never sold or rented to third parties.
Intellectual property rights
All the information and material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Chelmer Heating Solutions is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property rights in this website and its contents (including text and images) or such materials or otherwise appear with the consent of the copyright owner.
No representation, warranty or guarantee is made that the information accessible via this website, or any website with which it is linked, is accurate, complete or current. No warranty is made as to the availability of this site or that the functions used or materials accessible or downloaded from this site will be uninterrupted or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event shall Chelmer Heating Solutions be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or mistakes in any information contained on this site or damages resulting from the use of this site or any decision made or action taken in reliance of information contained in this site.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by athering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How to delete cookies
Please be aware that deleting cookies will impact on the functionality of our website
Or you can visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains information on how to remove cookies from all the major browsers.
Cookies used within our website
This is a list of the cookies set by our website, and what each is used for.
Google Analytics - Used to understand how users navigate through our website, the service is provided by Google Inc. We then use the information gathered to compile reports to improve the functionality and user experience of our website. All information collected is anonymous.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
We confirm that any personal information you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is ZA108077.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Personal Information we collect
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information, such to identify you, is necessary to enter into our User Agreement. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as the buying or selling information needed to conclude a transaction.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you request a quotation from us.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item. Information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
Personal information collected from other sources
- Social Media. We allow you to share information with social media sites or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences.
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
- Measure sellers' performance
- Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
Your Choice about how we use your Personal Information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
All our emails have an option to unsubscribe. You can also control your email communication preferences by contacting our customer services department email@example.com
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received or contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind, we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
Ways you can access, control and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
Access, correction, and deletion of your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable national laws, please contact us using email@example.com. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable national laws.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customize advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our user agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations.
- Third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Third party shipping providers (e.g. Palletways, Parcelforce, UPS & Royal Mail.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorized by law
- To comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, Country postcode, telephone number, email address, User account history, IP address, fraud complaints, purchasing and returns history.
Change of Ownership
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
- Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
How we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.